FOODORA and SPINACH™ 4/20 CONTEST RULES (the “Contest”)
THIS CONTEST IS ONLY OPEN TO RESIDENTS OF TORONTO, ONTARIO AND IS GOVERNED BY CANADIAN LAW AND THE LAWS OF THE PROVINCE OF ONTARIO.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. SEE BELOW FOR FULL CONTEST DETAILS. PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES YOUR FULL AND UNCONDITIONAL ACCEPTANCE OF, AND AGREEMENT TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY, THESE CONTEST RULES (THE “CONTEST RULES”).
1) The Contest begins on Saturday April 20, 2019 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on Sunday, May 19, 2019 at 9:00 a.m. ET (the “Contest Period”).
2) The Contest is open to all residents of Toronto, Ontario who are 19 years of age at the time of entry, except employees (and those with whom such employees are domiciled) of foodora and Cronos Group Inc. (“The Organizers”) and their affiliated companies or agents, advertising and promotion agencies and the Contest judges.
HOW TO ENTER
3) NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To participate in this Contest you must:
4) You will receive one (1) Entry in the Contest when you submit your e-mail address to the SpinachTM mailing list in accordance with these rules. LIMIT (1) ENTRY PER PERSON/ACCOUNT DURING THE CONTEST PERIOD (regardless of how many times you submit your individual e-mail). For greater certainty and the avoidance of any doubt, you can only use one (1) e-mail Account to participate in the Contest. If it is discovered that you attempted to enter more than once during the Contest Period, then all your Entries will be void. Use of any automated system to submit Entries is prohibited and will result in disqualification.
DRAW AND WINNER SELECTION
5) On May 29,2019 in Toronto, Ontario, at approximately 10:00 a.m. ET, one (1) eligible entrant will be selected by random draw from all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
6) Before being declared a winner: The selected entrant will be contacted by the e-mail address used to subscribe to the SpinachTM mailing list and notified that they are eligible to win. The selected entrant must reply by the same e-mail address submitted within one (1) business day of notification and provide the Organizers with a contact phone number. The selected entrant must first correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by telephone. The Organizers will then email, and the selected entrant will be required to sign and return within one (1) business day of notification a declaration of eligibility and a liability/publicity release, which:
If a selected entrant: (i) cannot be contacted by private message within one (1) calendar days of selection or there is a return of any prior notification as undeliverable; (ii) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question; or (iii) fails to return the contest documents within the specified time, then he/she will be disqualified and will forfeit the prize, and the Organizers reserves the right to select an alternate entrant from among the remaining eligible entries.
7) Grand Prize: There will be one (1) grand prize available to be won, consisting of 25 foodora Canada vouchers valued at $20 CDN each voucher, for a total of $500 CDN vouchers value (“Grand Prize”).
Prizes must be accepted as awarded and are not transferable or convertible to cash. No substitutions except at Organizers’ option.
8) By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees to abide by these Contest Rules. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. Void where prohibited by law. The decisions of the Organizers with respect to all aspects of this Contest are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal.
9) Organizers reserves the right to cancel, suspend, withdraw or amend this Contest in any way, without prior notice or obligation, in the event of an error, technical problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Organizers that interferes with the proper conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Contest Rules. Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Organizers reserve the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
10) All Entries are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. The Organizers reserve the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Organizers – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of any Entry entered (or purportedly entered) for the purposes of this Contest; and/or (iii) for any other reason the Organizers deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with these Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of the Organizers in a timely manner may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Organizers. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid Entry in this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s).
11) Any attempt or suspected attempt to use robotic, automatic, programmed, or otherwise, illicit means to enter the Contest, or any other methods not authorized by these Contest Rules, for example, but not limited to, creating multiple e-mail accounts, shall be deemed as tampering and may disqualify you from entering, participating, winning prizes (defined herein), and preclude you from participating in future contests and promotions, at the sole discretion of Organizers. Entries that are late, lost, stolen, illegible, contain false information, are damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions these rules will be judged void. All Entries become the property of Organizers upon receipt and none will be returned. Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures, etc.) does not constitute proof of receipt.
12) Without limitation, the Organizers, its advertising and promotion agencies and the Contest judges will not be liable for any failure of the website during the Contest; for any technical malfunction or other problems relating to the telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; for the failure of any Entry to be received by the Organizers, its advertising and promotion agencies or the Contest judges for any reason including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website; or any combination of the above. Further, the Organizers, its advertising and promotion agencies and the Contest judges will not be liable for any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading any material in the Contest.
13) In the event of a dispute, Entries will be deemed to have submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned an email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institute, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. If the identity of an online entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder associated with the email account at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. A selected entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the selected Entry. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid online Entry in this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s).
15) By entering the Contest each entrant hereby: (i) confirms compliance with the Contest Rules; (ii) agrees to accept the prize as awarded; (iii) releases, discharges and holds harmless the Organizers, their departments and agencies, parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, franchisees, advertising and promotional agencies, counsel, marketing partners, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, shareholders, successors, sponsors, partners, licensees, subsidiaries, agents, artists, advisors, assignees, and all others associated with the administration, development and execution of the Contest (“Released Parties”) from and against any and all manner of action, cause of action, claim or demand, loss or injury, use or misuse of a prize or any travel related thereto, and the use of the entry by the Organizers, suit, debt, covenant, contract, including legal fees and expenses, whatsoever, including but not limited to, claims based on negligence, breach of warranty, including any warranty of merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose, breach of contract and fundamental breach, failure of any third-party contractor or supplier used in connection with any aspect of the Contest to perform or deliver any goods or services, any act of God or any other event beyond the Released Parties’ control, any dissatisfaction of any kind by a winner with any aspect of the Contest or any prize, liability for physical injury, death, or property damage that the entrants, guests, their heirs, successors or assigns have, might have or could have suffered, by reason of or arising out of the entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by the entrant of the prize as awarded; and (iv) indemnify the Released Parties against any loss, damage or expense, including legal fees, that any of the Released Parties may suffer or incur as a result of any non-compliance by an Entrant with any of the Contest Rules or participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by an Entrant of a prize and the use of the Entry by Organizers.
We collect personal information from our customers in the regular course of doing business.
We collect the following personal information about you:
When you visit our web site, we also collect:
Information about your computer, including your IP address, the type of operating system and browser you use,
and your computer’s location
What pages you visit on our site and what links you click on
What other sites you’ve visited recently
The main reasons we collect personal information from you are:
To complete a sale/transaction
Customer relationship management
If it’s a necessary part of any of these transactions, we may disclose your information to another company.
We also pass on your name, phone number, and address to a courier to complete a delivery.
Sharing of Personal Information with Third Parties
We do not share your personal information with any third parties.